YOU HAVE A VOICE......
Everyone is different, but having a disability can make adults a target of bullies. The experience can affect people with disability mental health whether they are the person being bullied or the bully themselves.
People with disabilities face very specific challenges often contributing to victimization including:
- Increase risk, or perception of increased vulnerability
- Lack of resources or support systems
- Lack of independence in finances , housing, or transportation
- Physical and social isolation
Once victimized, barriers that hinders justice continue with:
- Lower rate of police follow up, prosecution and conviction of perpetrators
- Mistaken belief that people with disabilities are untrustworthy or not credible as a witnesses
Philadelphia Pa 19138
BOOK A PRESENTATION
We give presentation to students, parents, educators and workplaces, and all of our presentation can be customized to fit your needs.